Re: Unable to edit files in NAMD folder.

From: Low Soo Mei (lowsm_at_bii.a-star.edu.sg)
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 05:40:21 CDT

Adding on to Alexandre's comment, also see
http://www.vim.org/htmldoc/message.html for the E212 error. But I would
pay much more attention to the E325 error because that tells me that the
file exists in two copies in the swap space (which is like temporary RAM
space). You will have to look through both copies and see which one you
wish to delete.

How this might have come about is that you were editing the file in vi
(or vim) and forgot to exit vi before shutting down your computer or
before your computer suddenly crashed or before you decided to edit that
same file from another computer. It's something to be wary of.

Cheers,
Soo Mei