Re: build charm++ and namd

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 06:46:31 CDT

Just to follow up on the previous email, it seems that during build a
strange thing happen.
The 2 lines below appear in my build.log file (just before the errors I
posted in my previous mail):

cat pup_f.f90.sh >pup_f.f90
chmod a+x pup_f.f90

This obviously makes no sense at it cats the sh script
(src/util/pup_f.f90.sh) into the fortran file and that's why I got the
reported errors (the fortran compiler tries to compile an .sh script).
However, the build script does not contain these 2 lines so I dont know
where they come from ... Even more strange is that yesterday I build
charm++ 6.0 on another opteron machine without any problem with exactly
the same build I use here...

Vlad

Vlad Cojocaru wrote:
> Dear NAMD users,
>
> I have a problem building charm++ (version 6.0) and namd on a cluster
> with AMD Barcelona chips using intel 10.1.015 compiler.
> My build command is:
> ./build charm++ net-linux-amd64 icc10amd tcp --no-build-shared
> -DCMK_OPTIMIZE=1 -O3 2>&1 | tee build.log
>
> Although the build appeared successful (megatest passed), I got the
> error attached during the build.
>
> Is this something I should worry about? Has anybody seen this before ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best wishes
> vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org