namd linked to tcl8.5

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 09:58:23 CDT

Dear all,

I successfully compiled namd and dynamically linked it to tcl8.5. The
namd executable on 1 CPU runs absolutely fine as soon as I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct location of libtcl8.5.so in the running
script or in the .bashrc file.

When I tried to run on 2 CPUs "charmrun +p2 ++nodelist ./nodelist namd2"
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in the running script, the program fails to
find the tcl shared libs. However, curiously as soon as I set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .bashrc file, everything works fine. Can somebody
explain this ?

Thanks
vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org