Re: problem compiling NAMD2.6 in a MacOSX-PPC

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 08:16:56 CDT

Hi Andrea,
if you're interested in building namd from scratch, you need to get the
source tarball (which includes the source code, Make.charm, /arch, and
so on). The platform-specific tarballs are only binary releases. You can
find the source download and the bottom of the same list as the binaries.

As far as the charm build issue (although this should not be a problem,
as you should be able to use the precompiled build of charm++), can you
verify that xlc is in your path and that xlC_r does indeed call the
compiler on your system? I've seen many xlc setups with slightly
different commands used to call the compiler.