Re: Compilation of Charm++ then NAMD 2.6 on Opteron with Portland compilers

From: Philip Peartree (p.peartree_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 16:54:09 CST

Hi Brian,

I believe it's a 3Com GigE switch (I realised I'd forgotten to put the specs of my cluster on) I've used your tip from the Wiki which seems to have worked, I think there is a setting in conv-mach.h to change from gnu-malloc to the system malloc, will this help, I don't know if you've seen my other posts but I posted some times from megatest which to me seemed slow, but I don't actually know.

Philip Peartree

P.S. It is the portland group compiler version 6.0