Re: Scripting: Handle for energy terms in the PSF file?

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 20:30:22 CST

Hi Chris,
did you try using measure energy dihed? I imagine the best way to do
this would be to generate a dihedral list as you did for namdenergy but
instead use this command for the calculation. It should be *much* faster
because it doesn't have to invoke namd every time. You can find
documentation for this at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node124.html
Note that you'll need to do a bit of parameter file parsing up front to
get the appropriate parameters for the dihedrals of interest.

Best,
Peter