Re: ABF fullsamples

From: Chris Chipot (Christophe.Chipot_at_edam.uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 15:47:06 CST

Jason,

*FullSamples* determines the number of samples of the instantaneous
force acting along *xi* accrued prior to estimating the average force
and applying the bias. Details of how this works is provided on the
ABF webpage, http://www.edam.uhp-nancy.fr/ABF. Hopefully, looking at
the latter will be less tiring than delving into the source code. As
for dumping the bias, note that the standard ABF output supplies for
each value of *xi* the free energy, the average force and the number
of samples accumulated in that bin. Moreover, the instantaneous force
can be histogrammed by means of the *distFile* keyword.

Chris

Jason O'Young a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I have another ABF question.
>
> How does the fullsamples parameter work? Is the ABF applied after ALL
> bins have accumulated the number of samples specified? Or is it only
> required of the current bin being sampled? I tired looking at the source
> code and I couldn't figure it out...
>
> Additionally, is there a way to output the Fabf applied?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Jason

Chris Chipot, Ph.D.
Equipe de dynamique des assemblages membranaires
Unité mixte de recherche CNRS/UHP No 7565
Nancy Université                            Phone: +33 (0)3-83-68-40-97
B.P. 239                                    Fax:   +33 (0)3-83-68-43-87
54506 Vandœuvre-lès-Nancy Cedex
                             E-mail: Christophe.Chipot_at_edam.uhp-nancy.fr
                                            http://www.edam.uhp-nancy.fr
     Science without management is worse than management without science
                                                        N. G. van Kampen