Re: SMD behavior

From: Adam Fraser (adam.n.fraser_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2007 - 12:03:40 CST

Well, I tried adjusting the timesteps between my simulations AND changing
the SMDFile to use the output coordinates of the previous simulation. This
still didn't work, I think because I changed both.

So... I changed the SMDFile only. So the second simulation uses these
settings...
structure 2HEX_solv_HEAVY-16.psf #Even simulations
SMD on
SMDFile output/AFM_sim_previous.coor
SMDk 6.6
SMDVel 0.000016 #(A/fs) 20A/1200000fs
SMDDir 1 0 0 #
timestep 1.0
firsttimestep 0
numsteps 1200000

At last, this resulted in the pulling speed I expected. However, the
molecule is pulled in the direction (1 1 0) instead of (1 0 0)... this is
observed so it may be that the actual vector is circumstantial.

Is it possible that this is being caused by the SMDFile being used?

The first simulation works perfectly fine and uses the settings described in
my original message.

Does anyone have any suggestions to explain what is happening here?

-ADam