TMD and RMSD constrained dynamcs

From: M. Madhu (madhu7_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 10:22:48 CST

Dear NAMD users,

I would like to do a RMSD constrained dynamics. Is there anyway to do this in NAMD?

I did a TMD simulation where I gave same values for TMDInitialRMSD and TMDFinalRMSD.
Is it equivalent to a fixed RMSD constrained simulation?

In the NAMD manal (TMD section), it says "Forces are applied only if RMS(t) is betwween
TMDInitialRMSD and RMS*(t); in other words, only if the current RMSD fails to keep pace
with the target value."

Since TMDInitialRMSD and RMS*(t) are supposed to be same in this case, does it mean
that no forces are applied to maintain the RMSD? In addition, how can I obtain the constrained
force/energy in TMD simulations.

Thanks,
Madhu