Re: Is there solution to numerical inaccuracy

From: Alok Juneja (juneja_at_speakeasy.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 12:04:50 CST

Dear Peter,

Yes, I am specifying the identical seed value in A (complete run), B1
(1st half) and B2 (2nd half). A is one complete run where as B1 & B2
simulations are serial that means that I am using the restart file of B1
for the B2 run.
Peter, I am not clear with what do you mean by serial or parallel? As I
mentioned earlier my runs BI and B2 are serial. This simulation I am
running on single same processor. Kindly mention the link where the
non-determinism of the Langevin thermostat in parallel has been talked
about.

So comming back to square one, after reading all the comments in this
discussion, I believe there exist NO solution to this problem that is
occuring either because of numerical inaccuracy or non-determinism.

Could the B1 and B2 MD runs be considered as good as single A MD run.

-Alok