length of an ABF simulation

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2007 - 09:41:43 CDT

Dea NAMD users,

I am doing some tests with the ABF method and I would like to ask you
whether there is any way to estimate the length of an ABF simulation
that is necessary to span the reaction coordinate values from XiMin to
XiMax in dxi bins ? In other words, having one set of parameters is it
possible to calculate how long the simulation needs to be ?

Thanks

Best wishes
vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org