Re: printing and global variables within TclBC script

From: Leandro Martínez (leandromartinez98_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 02:55:55 CDT

HI Peter,
Thanks for answer. The problem with printing (which is not the most important)
is that I don't know how to print information outside the calcforces procedure
for only one processor. But that's not so important, since it limited
printing only.

I made some tests and the information is not persistant between time-steps, in
the case that one atom that was assigned to one processor is changed to
other processor. Something simple as

for { set i 1 } { $i <= $natoms } { incr i } { set test($i) 0 }
proc calcforces { step unique } {
   global test
   while { [ nextatom ] } { incr test($i) }
}

should return, at the end, "test = number of steps" for every atom. However,
if an atom that is being considered in processor 1 passes to processor 2, the
counter is set to 0 and, therefore, I cannot use the previous
information for this
atom to compute anything.

I understand that this is an intrinsic limitation because the tcl
interpreters are
really independent, am I wrong? If I knew which atoms were going to be
exchanged between processors, at which time-step, than I could
overcome this problem, maybe writing data to a file and reading it
again, is this information anywhere?

Thanks,
Leandro.