Howto lengthen a collagen strand (which tool to use)

From: QMarcus_R=F6lz=22?= (m.roelz_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 07:23:03 CDT

Hello out there ;)

I'd like to lengthen a collagen-strand (Triple-Helix).
To do this i'd like to create new atoms, copy existing atoms, and do translations and rotations on atom selections via matrix operations.

I'm not sure which program to use for this purpose. Is VMD + psfgen capable of doing this? I'd like to select some atoms copy them and relocate them.

Can pdb-files be imported in sciLab? Or is there any other tool around?

Thx,

Marcus Rölz