Re: extracting interaction energies

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2007 - 15:38:57 CDT

Hi Narender,
this is precisely what namdenergy
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/namdenergy/) is designed
for. Please note that namdenergy does not update the selection between
frames (an option to include this will be added to the next release of
vmd); this is only a problem if you use a selection that varies between
timesteps (eg, one with a cutoff). If you need such a selection, you can
currently use the text version of namdenergy within a loop (see the
documentation for more on running this mode):

package require namdenergy
set sel1 [atomselect top protein]
set sel2 [atomselect top "water and same residue as within 5 of protein"]

for {set i 0} {$i < [molinfo top get numframes]} {incr i} {
$sel1 frame $i
$sel2 frame $i
namdenergy -sel $sel1 $sel2 -nonb
}