NAMD on dual quad-core Xeon's with Infiniband backbone

From: Stephen M. Dutz (smdutz_at_csupomona.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 14:02:21 CDT

Hi all,

I've searched the message board and the wiki for posts on running NAMD
on dual-quad core Xeon systems with an Infiniband backbone, however
haven't found much data. I'm currently running the Linux-i686 build and
in the process of compiling the source code to see if this speeds things
up at all. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried running NAMD
on a similar system, and if so what was your methodology for maximizing
performance, and what type of scaling do you observe.

Thanks in advance,

Steve