Re: Charm++ Compilation

From: Philip Peartree (P.Peartree_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 10:32:50 CDT

Dow,

I've previously compiled charm++ with gcc, as I do have a mpich built with gcc
as well, but I was dumb enough to delete that. I have seen recommendations to
build with the fastest available compiler, hence I'm giving the portland
compilers a shot!

The cpu's are Opterons and the interconnect is GigE. The contents of the arch
file are below:

CMK_REAL_COMPILER=`mpiCC -show 2>/dev/null | cut -d' ' -f1 `
case "$CMK_REAL_COMPILER" in
g++) CMK_AMD64="-m64 -fPIC" ;;
esac

CMK_CPP_CHARM="/lib/cpp -P"
CMK_CPP_C="mpicc -E"
CMK_CC="mpicc $CMK_AMD64 "
CMK_CXX="mpiCC $CMK_AMD64 "
CMK_CXXPP="mpiCC -E $CMK_AMD64 "

CMK_SYSLIBS=" "
CMK_LIBS="-lckqt $CMK_SYSLIBS "
CMK_LD_LIBRARY_PATH="-Wl,-rpath,$CHARMLIBSO/"

CMK_NATIVE_CC="mpicc $CMK_AMD64 "
CMK_NATIVE_LD="mpicc $CMK_AMD64 "
CMK_NATIVE_CXX="mpiCC $CMK_AMD64 "
CMK_NATIVE_LDXX="mpiCC $CMK_AMD64 "
CMK_NATIVE_LIBS=""

# fortran compiler
CMK_CF77="mpif77"
CMK_CF90="mpif90"
CMK_F90LIBS="-L/usr/absoft/lib -L/opt/absoft/lib -lf90math -lfio -lU77
-lf77math
"
CMK_F77LIBS="-lg2c "
CMK_MOD_NAME_ALLCAPS=1