Re: setting solvent density during solvation

From: Cesar Luis Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 15:29:17 CDT

In the simulations I have performed so far, instant pressure always
presents large fluctuations. What you should monitor is the box size
fluctuations. You should get to a constant volume. I don't know how to
properly describe the margin keyword, but I will give it a try. I has
something to do with the partitioning of the total simulation space into
patches. If you expect the volume to change you should give a rather
large margin, for example 5. When your box reaches a constant volume
you can change it to 1 or even 0 if you switch to NVT.
I don't know what might be the relationship between margin and PME that
you mention.
Regards
Cesar