Re: Storing atom coordinates at each time step

From: Jason O'Young (oyoung_at_rogers.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 17:21:28 CDT

Hi Audrey.

The coordinates are stored in the DCD file in a binary format (this
is why it looks like junk).

You can visualize the data with VMD.

If I am not mistaken, I believe there are some tools/plugins buried
on the NAMD site to extract coordinates from a DCD and calculate the
center of mass over time.

Jason