Re: extracting coordinates from dcd file

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 17:09:17 CDT

Try loading your psf and dcd file like this:

mol new ***.psf
mol addfile ***.dcd waitfor all

The waitfor all flag is important; otherwise it will continue with
your script before the dcd is finished loading (this is my guess as
to why this happened).

Also, to save memory, set your selection outside of the loop and then
use "$sel frame $i" inside the loop to change the frame. If the
selection atoms were to change through the simulation, you'd also
need "$sel update". Also, you may want to start your loop at 0, not 1.