Re: removing waters from big dcd files

From: Dong Luo (us917_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 14:40:55 CDT

You can write a script by yourself to fufill the job.
Check the VMD user guide for the usage of "animate".
It can be used to read in just part of a big DCD file.
Make a "atomselect" excluding water molecules, you can
use "$yourselection writedcd dcdpartname" to output
this part and "animate delete all" to clear it. Repeat
for all parts. Finally use "animate" to read all
output dcd files one by one to combine them into the
new psf structure.

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/