UNC Paths in the configuration parameters

From: Ilya Chorny (ichorny_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 15:46:47 CDT

Dear All,

I am running NAMD jobs in win64. To define the paths to the configuration
parameters such as the charm parameters I need to use UNC paths (i.e.
\\servername\filepath). If I use the standard UNC convention with back
slashes I get an error, but if I use forward slashes the error goes away. I
have no problem using forward slashes, I am just wondering why forward
slashes is the convention in namd. Cygwin also uses forward slashes for UNC
paths, but I am not running these jobs from Cygwin. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ilya

--
Ilya Chorny Ph.D.