Re: finding free energy at a time step using abf

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 13:56:14 CDT

Hi Rachel,
It depends how you define the free energy at a given timestep. If you
want it to be the value of the (converged) PMF at the current value of
the reaction coordinate, you just need to output the current value of
the RC and do some post-processing using the converged PMF at the end
of the simulations.
Note that it not clear to me what information you can extract from
such an RMSD/free energy plot. Just be aware that it is not at all the
same as a "free energy profile as a function of the RMSD" where the
RMSD would be the reaction coordinate.
Jerome