Re: About pmf

From: Sting (stg1979_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 21:38:26 CDT

Hi JC Gumbart,
   Thank you for your help!
   But still there some question in my head.
   1. Can one just pull the ligand out only in one direction? How they choose the start point for each SMD? I think the choosing for the start point will eventually effect the profile of the external work in fig2.C.
   2. I havn't see the highest point occurs in one of the reverse direction. Since the forces in reverse directions is negative , the work from cumulant will fall down accordingly.
   3. When computing the external work on ligand, the result from formula 4 will substract the energy store in the 'spring'. Since in our simulation, the center of mass of ligand deviates from the pulling direction signicantly,can we just get the external work on ligand by computing the inner product between the expulsion force and the displacement vector of the center of the coordinates of the ligand, and then employed the formula 6? If not, how can I get the PMF correctly?

  Thank your for your time again! I really need your help.

        Sting
        stg1979_at_emails.bjut.edu.cn
          2007-06-26