Re: Re: heat diffusion calculation

From: QJos=E9_R=2E_Sabino=22?= (jrsabino_at_if.sc.usp.br)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 14:11:17 CDT

Dear Jonathan,

I just want to share my understanding of your question and try to give
an answer. An outer shell has its temperature kept constant, it is in a
thermal bath, I imagine the system is imersed in an heat repository,
when the system needs to withdraw or to release energy it is able to
give and receive without temperature variation of the bath. The inner
volume starts with a different temperature so you are going to measure
the heat diffusion to it. The temperature you measure in a simulation
(or in the physical system) is the time average of the system, it
converges to the outer shell temperature in a characteristic time. The
heating/cooling velocity should depend on the temperature gradient and
on the system heat conductivity.

Hope it helps,

Jose