Re: UAB BlueGene

From: Thomas Caulfield (thomas.caulfield_at_chemistry.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 15:39:31 CDT

Hi John,

So I am trying to do a job on a blueGene for a system of about 3
million atoms, which happens to require around 2GB of RAM. Our
supercomputer guru (see below) wanted to know if there was a way to
"scale the job" into pieces, is that even possible? I am looking for
a way to distribute the memory required, but I can't think of
anything to fix this.

I didn't see anything on the namd-wiki for this, so I am asking
you...hope this doesn't come as a bother.

Thanks,

-Tom

Tom Caulfield, Ph.D. Candidate
School of Chemistry & Biochemistry