Laptop for Molecular Dynamics

From: Deepangi Pandit (dnp5_at_njit.edu)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 13:09:55 CDT

Hi All:

I have been involved in molecular mechanics and pharmacophore modeling
and now I am starting out to perform molecular dynamics simulations
(MDS). For that I plan to buy a new PC, preferably a laptop. I plan to
have WINDOWS and LINUX operating systems on it. I would appreciate if
group members can share their recommendations about the typical
processing, computing and graphical requirements to conduct meaningful
MDS of a protein say of 500-800 residues.

It is worthwhile to mention here that I did search this list-server
and Google on the same topic but I did not find the latest
information.

Thank you.
Deepangi