Re: query about wrapped coordinates

From: hl332_at_drexel.edu
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 13:15:34 CDT

Hi,
 Thanks again for your useful suggestions. First of all, I am sorry to bother you again for problem. I did what you and Gianluca suggested but still have two caveats. Here they are:
a. I have to run following commands 2 times in tcl console in the order below in order to make the unwrap work. The commands are:

    source unitcell.tcl #cell dimen. for all frames
    source unwrap.tcl
    unwrap protein

these three commands need always to be run twice. The first time i run it prints same error line (box small...) from unwrap script but when i repeat them again in same console, i can see protein unwrapped. I am not sure why it is happening?

b. Second problem is that although after running twice above commands, it unwraps my selection but just after that when i try moving along trajectory again, i can observe selection going in/out. Although, towards the last frame, i can see whole protein unwrapped on one side. I dont understand why it happens. My purpose is to calculate COM position of my protein at each time frame and until i can see protein unwrapped at each frame, I am not sure the coordinated I am printing are correct or not?

 PLease help me to get out of this 'stuck' situation.

Regards
Harish

Harish Vashisth (Ph.D Candidate)
CAT-361,Chemical & Biological Engg.