Re: question on heating

From: Leandro Martínez (leandromartinez98_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 16:33:05 CDT

After heating you should run for a while rescaling the temperature
to 310K several times, in order that the kinetic energy converges to the
the one corresponding to 310K. However this difference in
temperature is not probably causing
your rattle problem. If you constraint is a "fixed-atom" constraint, you
should minimize the energy after removing it, because there may
be large repulsions that are not being computed while you thermalize
you system. In general you could equilibrate your system to 310K with
constraints, relieve the constraints, minimize the energy again, and
then equilibrate to 310K again for a while, thus getting a constraint-free
equilibrated system.
Leandro.

Leandro Martinez
Institute of Chemistry