Re: problem about pairlistdistance...

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 13:39:39 CDT

Hi Harish,
anything in info tags, including this, is generally not considered
harmful; indeed, I don't think this output is normally even given in
NAMD 2.6. What this particular message means is that NAMD tried to
dynamically shrink your pairlist distance to speed computation, found
that such a change could cause problems, and backed off. It shouldn't
have any effect on dynamics. However, it is odd that this doesn't show
up until step 100000. Is there anything unusual about your simulation
(e.g., is it in gas phase?) What time step are you starting it?
You can enforce some extra padding on the pairlist distance by adding a
nonzero margin if this bothers you.
Peter