RE: Re: Help !!! ERROR: Atoms mooving too fast

From: Jeff Wereszczynski (jmweresz_at_umich.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 18:02:33 CDT

Hi Andrea,

I had a problem like this. What I was doing was minimizing the structure
and then running dynamics (with a flexible cell) in the same input script,
and this caused the system to crash with this fatal error. To fix it I just
ran the minimization and heating (with a fixed cell size) in one input
script, and then in a separate input script I ran the dynamics with the
flexible cell. I don't know why this worked, maybe some sort of memory
issue, but it did and I have yet to see that problem again.

Hope that helps,
Jeff