Varying Force Simulations

From: Viral D. Tejani (vdt204_at_lehigh.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2007 - 19:47:23 CST

Hi,

I am an undergraduate Chemical Engineering major at Lehigh University in
Bethlehem, PA.

I am performing research that involves NAMD / VMD, where I am working
with an integrin/collagen complex. I want to perform a simulation where
I can apply a varying force over time. I have done constant force and
constant velocity simulations by modifying files as show in the NAMD
Tutorial. However, the tutorial make no reference to how to apply a
varying force on a molecule.

Is such a thing possible with NAMD? If so, how can I modify my files to
add a parameter for varying force?

Any help is appreciated.

- Viral