Re: DNA hydrogen bonds

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 09:08:06 CST

Hi Maxim,
I may not understand your question properly... if you build DNA using
the standard charmm topology files, it will represent hydrogen bonding
interactions in double stranded DNA through a combination of VDW and
electrostatic interactions. There's no patch needed to get hydrogen
bonding, and indeed, the modern CHARMM forcefield *has* no term for
hydrogen bonding.
Peter