membrane constraints on thickness

From: Himanshu Khandelia (hkhandel_at_memphys.sdu.dk)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 11:58:39 CST

Hello,

I am equilibrating a protein in a membrane. The simulation box initially
has a larger area than the calculated area based on area per lipid, and
the cross sectional area of the protein.

In order to equilibrate it to the right area, I need to restrict the
thickness of the bilayer, while allowing the area to reduce gradually
under (preferably) NPT circumstances. Is there a harmonic potential in
NAMD that can be enforce upon the headgroups to keep their average
z-coordinate fixed ?

Thank you

-Himanshu

Himanshu Khandelia