Re: How to create repulsive particle ?

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 15:52:57 CST

I've never done this myself, but I do believe this should work fine
(although you might actually be looking for
    impost smthg.so
)

If all you want to do is use some C/C++ routines, you can also use the
extforces command instead of Tclforces, which will dump coordinates to a
file at specified time intervals, run an external program on them, and
read the resulting forces back into NAMD.

Please note, however, that both tclforces and extforces will only run on
the head node, and thus you're likely to suffer greatly if you're
expecting to scale to many processors... if that's the case, only
tweaking the NAMD internals is really going to work well.

Peter