Re: Fwd: GRADIENT TOLERANCE: nan

From: Brian Bennion (bennion1_at_llnl.gov)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 11:29:00 CDT

Hi Meric,

There are more places than residue 270 that there are clashes. DNA
residue 294 and protein 156 are interleaved and therefore NAMD is
trying to pull/rotate several atoms through defined residues.
One way to check for these complete overlaps is to read the pdb file
into vmd without the psf file. VMD will guess bond structure by a
distance based algorithm. If atoms are just too close to each other
an error stating residue blah has more than X bonds.

Another sanity check is to remove the dna from the system and just
minimize the protein for a few steps.

Brian