Re: restarting the simulation

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2006 - 19:16:13 CDT

You most likely commented out this line:

set temperature 310

which actually just sets a variable named "temperature". You should
always leave that, since you may be using it, as in this case, in
your constant temperature parameters and possibly constant pressure
ones as well. Instead, comment out this line:

temperature $temperature

which actually tells NAMD to initialize to that temperature.

The NAMD Tutorial explains the commands in your configuration file in
detail. You can find it here for your particular platform: http://
www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/