Re: about abf

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_vitae.cmm.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 15:31:02 CDT

To get the optimal parallel efficiency, I would recommend to run all windows
simultaneously on a smaller number of processors. There is no standard
procedure to prepare a starting point for each window, this is highly
system-dependent. Sometimes it is easier to make a setup from scratch,
sometimes SMD can be used.
Only one thing has to be carefully considered: the value of the RC in the
starting configuration should be within the target range, or very close to
it, otherwise the boundary potentials will result in unreasonable forces at
the beginning of the run.
Jerome