Cham++ errors

From: Kramer Campen (campen_at_geosc.psu.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 15:01:07 CDT

Hey Folks:

Lately I've been having NAMD jobs die after about 5,000,000 steps. The
.log files don't appear to contain any obvious error messages while the
output from pbs looks something like (similar behavior occurs with jobs
stated on different nodes)...

>Job started on lionxo20.hpc.aset.psu.edu at Sun Aug 6 17:45:29 EDT 2006
>lionxo20
>lionxo22
>lionxo34
>lionxo76
>------------- Processor 2 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
>Reason: Fatal Charm++ Error> Unknown msg-type in _processHandler.
>------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
>Reason: Fatal Charm++ Error> Unknown msg-type in _processHandler.
>------------- Processor 3 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
>Reason: Fatal Charm++ Error> Unknown msg-type in _processHandler.
>Fatal error on PE 3> Fatal Charm++ Error> Unknown msg-type in _processHandler.
>
>Job Ended at Tue Aug 8 07:48:07 EDT 2006

There don't seem to be any obvious hardware problems so as far as I can
tell this appears to be NAMD related.

Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Kramer Campen