Re: About the module of "External Electric Field "

From: Michael Grabe (Michael.Grabe_at_ucsf.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 20:50:29 CDT

Wang,

kcal/mol is energy
dividing by a length A gives you the units of a force.
dividing by electric charge now gives you the units
of electric field, remember electric field times
charge is the force on the particle.

volts per meter can be related to these units
but i don't have the conversion on the top
of my head and i have to run.

sorry
michael

On Jul 18, 2006, at 5:50 PM, wang wrote:

> Hi Peter ,
> I am confused with the unit of "efield " . I read the document and
> found
> the unit of " efield "
> is kcal/(mol*A*e) .And how to translated it into the unit "V/m" ?
>
> thx
> wang

Michael Grabe, Ph.D.
HHMI/UCSF