Re: NAMD: compile problem

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 12:02:01 CDT

Dear Bo,
the package you downloaded from IBM is the /runtime/ library, not the
compiler. This is what you need to have to run our precompiled binary,
but if you want to compile it yourself using IBM's compiler, you need to
actually get the xlc compiler (see
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/ccompilers/).

If we can back up a step though... is there any particular reason you
need to compile namd yourself? It is almost invariably easier to use the
precompiled binary unless you have made some modifications.
Best,
Peter