Re: namd: adding water molecules

From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 01:34:12 CDT

Sergio,

Most probably this water molecule is also bound to something else.
What's the the minimal distance between the Oxygen and your protein?
Is the active site hidden in a deep cavity or close to the surface?
Did you try to solvate the protein using VMD?

My suggestion is to put your water molecules within the active site
using a distance of ~2.5 A from the protein. This will help psfgen to
make better coordinate guesses.

Hope it helps,

Michel