explicit hydrogen bonds

From: Matthew Wilce (Matthew.Wilce_at_med.monash.edu.au)
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 00:54:20 CDT

Hi,
could you someone shed some light on the use of explicit hydrogen
bonds in namd.
I notice that Klaus Schutlen's 2003 fibronectin paper in PNAS uses
explicit hydrogen bonds.
How does one do this? as they are not part of CHARMM?
In particular, I am working with double stranded DNA which starts to
unwind during a MD simulation. I am hoping to use base pairing
hydrogen bonds to prevent this rather than fixing or restraining
atoms in the dna.
Thanks in advance,
Matt

Associate Professor Matthew Wilce