Re: sound velocity of water

From: Binquan luan (bqluan_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 13:08:39 CDT

Hi Lewyn,
Yes, signals in materials or proteins propagate as acoustic waves. The
time scale is determined by length scale of process dividing sound
speed. So, larger process leads to a larger time scale normally.

Thanks for your suggestions. I guess that the time scale of bond
vibration gives a low bound of processes interested. There maybe long
wave modes associated with conformational changes in protein.
Best,
Binquan