Re: Cannot specify both an initial temperature and a velocity file

From: Marcos Sotomayor (sotomayo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 10:02:27 CDT

Actually, the line "set temperature 300" is a tcl command line which sets
the variable "temperature" to 300. Nothing to do with setting the
velocities at that point. The two lines conflicting are likely:

binVelocities ../mini/res.vel
temperature $temperature

You should comment out the second one (which is the actual command
setting a Gaussian distribution of velocities).

#temperature $temperature

If you eliminate the line "set temperature $temperature", then you will
have troubles with the Langevin temperature control or any other place where
the variable $temperature is being used.

Marcos