Re: smd dimer dissociation

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 13:32:10 CDT

Michel,
I am not an expert in SMD, but other methods could be useful. You might be
interested in a study we did recently about the dimerization of transmembrane
alpha-helical segments. We used NAMD to simulate both the association of
native proteins (ABF sampling) and the effect of point mutations (alchemical
FEP).

The reference is:
J. Hénin, A. Pohorille and C. Chipot, J Am Chem Soc. 2005, 127(23):8478-84
See the abstract there:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=15941282&dopt=Abstract

I hope this gives you ideas about how some tools available in NAMD could be
applied to your problem.

Best,
Jerome