Re: vmd-l: dummy atoms and FEP

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 11:45:26 CDT

Dear Raul,
it is pretty easy to set the Na charge to zero: Open your system's psf
file in a text editor, find the line corresponding to your sodium atom
(you can look by index or look for something called "Na"), and change
the 7th column (which contains the charge) to 0.000000. The NAMD
tutorial has some good general information on psf files that may be
helpful in figuring out how to do something like this.
Best,
Peter