Re: minimize in FEP....

From: Michael Grabe (Michael.Grabe_at_ucsf.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 12:56:36 CDT

Hi Raul

I would not minimize in each window - I would equilibrate but not
minimize. Hopefully your windows are physically close enough that
things are not too different in going from one to the other.

in general, the large dE values will be suppressed in the averaging. if
you
see lots of large dE values i would worry about something wrong in the
dual
topology file or too large a time step or window size or something
pathological
like that.

i am not familiar with the oversampling method

-michael

On Apr 5, 2006, at 8:55 AM, Raul Araya wrote:

> [...]
Michael Grabe, Ph.D.
HHMI/UCSF
Rock Hall RH482
1550 4th Street