Re: vmd-l: boubt about consistency of measures

From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 00:47:16 CST

Hi Sergio,
  Just to eliminate possible sources of confusion, did you compare
these inter-atom distances with and without the RMS best fit matrix
being applied? (i.e. comment out the '$all move [measure fit ....]' line
and see if you get distances that are significantly different from those
you get when the fit is applied. Since what you're concerned about is
the effect of the RMS fit matrix transformation, let's make absolutely sure
you're comparing against exactly the same per-frame distances. Try running
that with the RMS fit transformation removed and see how they compare.
If you do see an unusually large change in distance between the transformed
per-frame coordinates and the original per-frame coordinates, then we'll have
to look into this deeper.