Re: about the MSE residue

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 08:42:39 CST

Dear Shulin,
the parameters you've linked to are xplor parameters, not charmm
parameters, so they're not really compatible. You'll have to find (or
make) charmm parameters to get it to work.

However... are you sure that you actually want to do your simulations
with MSE in there? Usually selenomethionine is only present in a protein
to aid the crystallographers in obtaining phase information, and should
actually be methionine in the native structure.

Peter