Re: Can someone PLEASE explain the "firsttimestep" parameter ?

From: Himanshu Khandelia (hkhandel_at_dtc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 16:45:17 CST

Thank you all for your replies. Please do correct me if I am wrong:

after the first 89000 steps of equilibration, I can run 1 ns (say) of
simulation, in 20 increments of 50 ps each, using the .vel, .coor and the
.xsc outpup from the previous 50 ps simulation. In this case, I will not
need to specify firsttimestep, unless one of these simulations crashes,
and I need to use the restart file, right?

Also, I am using Langevin dynamics, but the simulations are being run on a
single processor.

thanks !

-Himanshu